Friday, August 07, 2009

Fiesta Texas

We had a good time at Fiesta Texas yesterday. My son got a free ticket through a reading program at his school this year so even though we have season passes to Sea World, we ponied up for a day at Six Flags.
Naturally it was a scorcher on Thursday. The prediction was for 102 and as it turned out it hit a record 103. But we were prepared with lots of sunscreen and spent the hot part of the day at the water park. I made the mistake of not bringing flip-flops and quickly realized my mistake after we put all our stuff in a locker and headed out for the water. While the wife and kids went on to the pool, I doubled back to get my credit card out of the locker and then sprinted over to one of the gift shops, scalding my feet in the process. I found a pair of cheapie flip-flops for $7 but the kid behind the register just looked at my credit card and asked for my ID. D’oh!!
So I had to sprint back across the hot cement a second time to the lockers to retrieve my wallet. This time I was smart and put on my tennis shoes before making the trek back to the shop. Later in the day when it was time to pay for our $35 lunch which consisted of one double-meat cheeseburger, some oninon rings and drinks (seriously), I had my ID ready only to find that they took my credit card without asking for it. Grrrrrr!
Fiesta Texas was great. There was lots more than we could do in one day even getting there at 10:30 a.m. and staying until the park closed at 9 p.m. We live close enough to Fiesta Texas that I can hear the fire works every night from my front lawn so it was nice to finally get to see the fireworks and laser light show up close. It will probably be a few more years before we get a season pass to Fiesta Texas. Our kids are still too young for most of the rides and aren’t old enough to appreciate most of the music shows. But they love animals which is why we go to Sea World. I just hope that Six Flags stays solvent and doesn’t close down before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment