Friday, March 11, 2005

TV theme show countdown update

Time for an update on the countdown of greatest TV theme music over at retroCRUSH: The World's Finest Pop Culture Site.

Since my last post on this topic they have added 23 shows to the list.

The new additions include:
Star Trek The Next Generation
The Partidge Family
Miami Vice
The Rockford Files
Get Smart
The Flintstones
Beverly Hillbillies
Bonanza
Andy Griffith Show
Spider Man
Six Feet Under
The Munsters
The Young and the Restless
Twilight Zone
The Monkees
Good Times
Hawaii Five-0
Doctor Who
ABC’s Wide World of Sports
All In the Family
Fat Albert and The Cosby Kids
Spongebob Squarepants
Twin Peaks

That means they are down to the final six selections.

Here are the guesses I made a few weeks ago as to the shows that would fill out the remaining slots with correct answers (so far) in bold:

Star Trek, Twilight Zone, Friends, Danger Mouse, Scooby Doo, Gilligan’s Island, The Beverly Hillbillies, ER, Spider Man, Miami Vice, Hawaii Five-0, Batman, Bonanza, Baretta, Mission: Impossible, All In the Family, The Andy Griffith Show, Gomer Pyle, The Brady Bunch, The Flintstones, The Monkees...

And here are the guesses that were made in comments:

Commando - Transformers and Monk

Joe Johnson - I Love Lucy, The Greatest American Hero and Starsky & Hutch

Me - ABC's Wide World of Sports.

TxBubba - Dallas and Fat Albert and Cosby Kids, Carol Burnett. My Three Sons. American Bandstand. The Jeffersons. Paladin. Davy Crockett. Doris Day Show.
Wonder Woman, Charlie's Angels, Space Ghost, Spongebob Squarepants, Monty Python's Flying Circus, The Waltons, Love, American Style, McNeil/Lehrer Newshour

With only six slots left I would have to say Star Trek, Gilligan’s Island and Scoobee Doo are definitely going to fill half of them. As for the other three I would guess that Brady Bunch and Friends are still in the running and maybe Mission:Impossible.
I don’t think it looks good for Danger Mouse, ER, Batman, Baretta or Gomer Pyle

Stay tuned...

Update

The suspense is over. The final six (seven) shows in the countdown have been revealed
and I can say I predicted all but two of them. They kind of cheated by creating a two-way tie for second place.

6. Star Trek
5. Mission Impossible
4. The Jeffersons
3. Batman
2. Gilligan's Island/The Brady Bunch
1. Sanford and Son


I have to say I had overlooked The Jeffersons and completely forgot about Sanford and Son (though I would never have considered it a Top 10 much less for No. 1).
I'm shocked that Scoobee Doo did not make the list and I think the exclusion of Friends was also a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment