Sunday, September 28, 2008

Paul Newman

Paul Newman, who died yesterday at age 83, was one of my heroes.
He had a long and wonderful life, but if anyone deserved to live into their 90s it was him. He was a wonderful actor, but that was only a small part of his character. An outspoken liberal, he defied all the Hollywood stereotypes and put his money where his mouth was. His nonproft foundations funded by his "Newman's Own" brand food products gave away more than $200 million in profits to numerous charities and worthy endeavors.
If he had to go, he picked a good time. Now he will get a good write up in all the Sunday papers and I look forward to reading them. I'll also have to go out and get some more of his movies to add to my collection. I have Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, The Hustler, Hombre and Cool Hand Luke, but there are many more I need to get and watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment