Saturday, February 25, 2006

The Disney Vault


I joined the Disney Movie Club a while back hoping to build up my collection of Disney animated movies. I already had a modest collection on VHS tape including:
Fantasia
Snow White
101 Dalmations
Aladdin
Mary Poppins
The Emperor's New Groove
Toy Story 1 & 2
and A Bug's Life


But I had very few on DVD at that point:
Lion King
Bambi
Monster's Inc.
Finding Nemo
The Incredibles
Lilo and Stitch
Treasure Planet
Home on the Range


By joining the club I was able to pick up
Robin Hood
The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
The Aristocats
The Rescuers and
Alice in Wonderland


Then with the first of my three required purchases I picked up Cinderella which was just released from the Disney video vault and put on DVD for the first time ever. Next month I plan to make Lady and the Tramp my second selection and in the fall I understand they will finally be releasing The Little Mermaid on DVD.

I cannot find a schedule that shows when Disney will be releasing other films from its pantheon onto DVD, but I have at the top of my wish list Pinochio, Jungle Book and Peter Pan.
And that is not even getting into the live-action Disney movies that I wouldn't mind having.

No comments:

Post a Comment