Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Movie watching update

It’s September and so far I have seen only four movies that were released in 2005. That’s just part of the sacrifice of being a new parent. With a 2-year-old in the house and another due in November, it will be sometime before I start making regular trips back to the cineplex. So my movie watching is relegated to the videos that I rent or purchase.
We made a special exception this year to go see Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith with some friends in Houston while the grandparents watched after the little one. Other than that, I haven’t been inside a movie theater at all this year.
The other 2005 films I have seen include:
Hitch
Constatine
The Upside of Anger


Hitch was pretty good, Constatine was OK and The Upside of Anger was a big disappointment that neither one of us liked.

The 2005 movies that are already out that I would like to see include:

War of the Worlds
Batman Begins
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Madagascar
Fantastic Four
Robots
Sahara
Cinderella Man
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Kingdom of Heaven
The Island
The Brothers Grimm
The Constant Gardener
Kung Fu Hustle
Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room


As usual, most of the movies I’ve seen this year are 2004 movies that I’m still catching up on. Here are the 2004 films that I have seen so far:

Shrek 2
*Spider Man 2
*The Incredibles
*Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
*The Bourne Supremacy
*National Treasure
*Shark Tale
I, Robot
*Troy
*Van Helsing
*Fahrenheit 9/11
Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events
*The Aviator
*Collateral
*Ray
*Hidalgo
Kill Bill Vol. 2
Hellboy
*Finding Neverland
*Home on the Range
Spanglish
*Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
Around the World in 80 Days
Laws of Attraction
DeLovely


(* indicates a video that I own)
And finally, here are the 2004 movies that I still haven’t got around to seeing that I still might watch someday:

Passion of the Christ
The Day After Tomorrow
The Polar Express
Ocean’s Twelve
Dodge Ball
The Village
Million Dollar Baby
Starsky and Hutch
SpongeBob Squarepants Movie
The Terminal
Ladder 49
Sideways
The Manchurian Candidate
Miracle
Friday Night Lights
*Phantom of the Opera
Secret Window
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Alexander
Closer
*Hotel Rwanda
Ella Enchanted
*The Alamo
House of Flying Daggers
Kinsey


Are there any that I should add or subtract from the list?

No comments:

Post a Comment