Monday, July 28, 2003

Thanks For the Memories

Bob Hope died yesterday just two months after reaching his 100th birthday.
I had become a huge Bob Hope and Bing Crosby fan of late. My wife bought me the last three "On the Road" movies for my birthday this year to finish off my collection. I'm nearly finished reading Gary Giddins biography of Bing Crosby "A Pocketful of Dreams" and was reading the chapter this week describing when Bing and Bob first got together in the late 1930s. I've also started reading Bob Hope's memoir from a few years back titled "Don't Shoot! It's Just Me"
I'm glad that he made it to his 100th birthday. He couldn't have timed it any better. But then again, timing is what makes a comedian great in the first place.

Here are a couple more good tributes I've found online:

TIME.com: Nation -- That Old Feeling: Hope-ful Memories

Los Angeles Times: Comedian Bob Hope Dies at 100


No comments:

Post a Comment