Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Blogroll deletion

It is with great sadness that I must remove
The View From the Nest from my San Antonio blogroll. I do so only because the owner, The Rantin’ Raven, requested it on account of the fact that he inexplicably shut the site down and deleted it entirely. The Ranting Raven’s politics and mine are 100 percent polar opposites, but that did not prevent us from becoming blog buddies. I also had the pleasure of meeting Raven in person, along with his lovely family, at the San Antonio Blogger Bar-B-Q that he helped organize a couple of years ago.
I hope that Raven’s decision to delete his blog was not because he recieved threats or any other kind of nastiness like that. And I hope that he will eventually find his way back to the local blogosphere where he should know that he will be sorely missed.

On a positive note, I want to take this opportunity to note some recent additions to the local blogging community including Intimations of Mortality authored by a local attorney; Walker Report by a councilman from Balcones Heights; and Dig Deeper Texas by a group of civic-minded activists.

No comments:

Post a Comment