Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Something amiss

I hate watching the Spurs lose. I just can’t handle it. I get too worked up about the game and it just becomes unenjoyable. I just have to walk away and change the channels.
Of course, I’d never do that if I were watching the game live - I’m no 2 percenter. But I have no qualms about changing the channel. I usually record the games on my DVR, but if it was a blowout loss, I just delete it with out watching.
Maybe I’m being a bad fan, but I can’t help it. The point of watching a game if for the enjoyment and it just kills me to see the Spurs fall apart like they did in the 3rd Quarter last night.
The Spurs represent all that is goodness and light in the universe. If they lose then something is terribly amiss. It’s like watching Barack Obama fall behind Hillary Clinton in the polls. It’s just not right!
Oh well. Maybe the Spurs will come back on their home court. Maybe Tim or Tony or Manu will have a good night. There is always hope. And if not, they had a good season anyway and got further than a lot of people thought they would.
It won’t be the end of the world, even though it might feel that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment