Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Kerrville Folk Festival


I can't believe I've never devoted a post to The Kerrville Folk Festival.
My friend Robert introduced me to Kerrville music many years ago and my wife and I attended our first festival in 1990 shortly after we were married. A few years later we ended up moving to Kerrville and I got to attend the Folk Festival pretty regularly for several years while working for the local daily newspaper.
I haven't been back in a longtime, but hopefully we will got out there in the next year or two now that our kids are a bit older.
In the meantime, I'm pleased to find that most of the performers I discovered and listened to out there now have active Web sites where you can keep up with their latest recording efforts. Here are some of my favorite Folk Festival performers I saw back in the day:

Tish Hinojosa
Chuck Pyle
Dana Cooper
Crow Johnson
Dar Williams
Butch Hancock
Jimmie Dale Gilmore
Tom Kimmel
Michael McNevin
Tom Prasada-Rao
Ellis Paul
Vance Gilbert
Trout Fishing In America Web
Austin Lounge Lizards
Tom Paxton
Peter Yarrow
Nancy Griffith
John Gorka
David Wilcox
Bill and Bonnie Hearne
Buddy Mondlock
Jon Ims

No comments:

Post a Comment