Monday, August 14, 2006

I’m back

We criss-crossed Texas last week on $3-a-gallon gasoline, driving first to Corpus Christi where we spent a cloudy morning at the beach and a sunny afternoon at the Texas State Aquarium. The next day we drove back to San Antonio to rest up for a day before heading off for a three-day trip to Lubbock to attend the wedding of my wife’s cousin’s oldest son.
We lived in Lubbock from 1995-2000, so it is always fun to go back and see how things have and have not changed. The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal where I used to work hasn’t changed much and many of the same people are still there.
The kids did amazingly well during the lengthy car trip and had great fun swimming at the hotel pools and playing with their cousins at my wife’s aunt and uncle’s house.
I have a lot that I would like to write about and will try to get to it as I have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment