Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Baseball playoffs

I had mixed feelings watching the Yankees lose tonight. I still like the Yankees though I'm not as big a fan as I was a few years ago. I'm happy for the Red Sox and all but I will remind folks that this victory does not end the Curse of the Bambino. They have to win the World Series for that to happen.
As for the Yankees, it looks like the Knoblauch curse is still alive and well.

I'm really hoping the Astros can pull off one more victory tomorrow behind Roger Clemens. If they do I will be rooting for them to keep the Babe's curse alive. However, if the Cardinals win I will be pulling for the Red Sox to go all the way.
In many ways the Astros have had a longer drought than the Red Sox, at least in recent memory. The Red Sox have at least been to the World Series twice since in the past 30 years while the Astros have never been in their franchise history.

No comments:

Post a Comment